DO YOU HAVE DOUBTS? CONSULT OUR GUIDE, IF YOU DON’T FIND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION WRITE TO email@example.com
Not every environment is suitable for a wine cooler. Make sure that there is enough air flow and that there are no strong smells like the smell of detergents, fuels, cold cuts, tobacco or similar present. Even the activated charcoal filter in the wine cooler can’t neutralize completely very heavy smells, and as the wine breathes through the cork there is a risk that the wine will take on one of these smells. Avoid placing the wine cooler on floor heating and near any other source of heat,
it can create overheating of the motors and increases the noise of the vans. In surroundings with high air humidity there is danger of condensation reaction.
1) How can I buy the products?
– Directly on site www.vini-italy.net
– Sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org writing the name of the product you have chosen
2) What kind of warranty have the products?
2 years of warranty with direct product support in all of Europe.
For businesses and VAT 1 year warranty direct product support.
3) What should I do with a compressor wine cooler once I‘ve received it?
As soon as the wine cooler arrives at your destination, let it stand upright for 24 hours before plugging it.
4) What do I have to avoid with a compressor wine cooler?
Don’t put the wine cooler near to any heat source, or in places with strong smells.
For the dual temperature wine cooler is suggested NOT to overcome 5° degrees difference between the upper zone (white wines) and lower zone (red wines).
5) Do your wine coolers have one or two temperature zones?
We have both. In the wine coolers with dual temperature zone, the upper zone hosts white wine and the lower zone red wine.
– In the wine coolers with single temperature zone you can set only one temperature, depending on the model.
– In the dual temperature wine coolers, the upper cabin temperature must always be lower than in the cab below. Cooling takes place through a single compressor that cools the top, the cold dropping into an inside channel at the bottom that through a heater changes the temperature.
It is advised not to exceed the 5° TEMPERATURE GRADES OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE UPPER AREA (WHITE WINES) AND LOWER AREA (RED WINES)
6) What kind of power source do your wine coolers have?
There are 2 kinds of power sources:
- a) THERMO-ELECTRICITY: a thermoelectric device consisting of many Peltier-type junctions in series together with the Seebeck effect devices constitutes an application of the so-called “thermoelectric” systems. Minimum temperature of 7 ° to maximum 20 °, this type of supply lowers the temperature of 12 ° / 15 ° from the outside, very sensitive to heat, for built-in versions leave a space of about 15 cm.
- b) COMPRESSOR: this kind of power source grant a better temperature stability that goes from 5° to a maximum of 22°; it lowers the temperature of 30° from the outside; it fits with every built-in solution.
7) Do they use any cooling gas?
The compressor power source uses gas R600a, environmentally and ozone friendly.
8) Do they have a light inside?
All wine coolers Datron have a blue or white LED light inside
9) Are the shelves made by metal or wood?
All our wine coolers have beech woods shelves. The most prestigious products have extractable shelves on telescopic and anatomical tracks.
10) Is the glass anti-UV?
All the models have anti- UV, tempered and insulated glass.
11) Are they noisy?
The luxury product line is extremly silent,40 decibels (unique in this sector), the other products use a silent power source with a maximum of 43 decibels.
Attention: hard surfaces, floors and walls could make the noises seem stronger than what they are in reality, because they get amplified.
12) Is the compressor continuously working?
The compressor works according to the outside temperature and the quantity of bottles inside the wine cooler. Constant door opening has influence on the compressor’s work.
13) Do they need maintenance?
The wine cooler needs to be kept clean and dry to work properly.
Eliminate any residual water that can create unpleasant environments for wine.. Internal cleaning can be done with a soft cloth, neutral detergent and needs to dry well.
In the event of a malfunction, switch off the unit to OFF / OFF and disconnect the plug from the socket for 24 hours.
14) What to do to save energy in the dual temperature wine cooler?
To reduce the energy consumption in dual temperature wine coolers it is advisable to set the upper booth to a value not exceeding 5 ° of difference to the lower booth. Creating too much difference between the upper and lower zone forces a continuous warming up of the heater and increases energy consumption.
15) Tips for proper use of the wine cooler
– Check that the internal bottles do not block the sensors, the outlet channels of cold, or the ventilation.
– Avoid direct contact with heat sources in the cabin, at the sides and behind the wine cooler.
– Clean the fans in case of high noise.
– Do not put objects inside the wine cooler that smell. It harm the taste of wine as the
wine breathes through the cap.
– Do not block the socket of built-in wine coolers
– Do not put heavy weights above the wine cooler.
– Check that the door is properly closed.
– The continuous opening of the door does not allow a constant temperature in the cooler.
– Make sure that the back, behind the compressor, has a minimum ventilation space of 10 cm.
– – If there is floor heating, the wine cooler needs more ventilation.
– In case of dual temperature, maintain a temperature not exceeding 5° of difference between the upper and lower zone, for example 10° upper zone 15° below.
– Mountain areas: To avoid malfunctions of the wine cooler in mountain areas and/or areas with temperatur below 0°C, the purchase of a dual temperature wine cooler is recommended.
16) Delivery advice:
All shipments have insurance.
The courier prior to handing over will call you to agree on delivery day and time.
– Check that the delivered packages correspond to the number indicated on the shipping document.
– Check that the packaging is intact and not altered even in closing tapes.
– If possible, unpack the packaging and check that the product is not damaged.
– DAMAGE you should immediately complain to the delivery service by rejecting the products, or by writing on the shipping document UNCLOSED PACKAGE – DAMAGED PACKAGING, Unique Valid Notification in case of complaint. If the delivery service does not accept the notification then refuse the parcel.
17) Built-in wine coolers
There are various types of built-in cellars. For all wine coolers has to be left a space of 10 cm on the back for the proper work of the fans. The built-in wine coolers must not be completely sealed at the backside.
Free space must be available to allow ventilation.
The recessed wine coolers that have the bottom socket do not require any lateral space.
In any case, all built-in cellars can also be used freestanding.
The niche space: anchoring in a wall, not closed on all sides.
The recessed space: space inside a furniture, closed on 3/4 sides.
Type built-in with top
The wine coolers with top are typically those appliances that are placed in the lower part of the kitchen (such as a dishwasher). Standard width measures measurements 59.5 cm.
Wine coolers to be inserted vertically. They can be put on the groundfloor or fully recessed.
These wine coolers have smaller sizes and are used in oven spaces.
The Datron wine coolers, like all the other wine coolers on the market, do not handle humidity.
The internal humidity of the coolers varies from 65% to 75%, and the moisture contributing characteristics are given by:
Residence area (hilly rather than sea)
How many times the door of the wine cooler opens
Whether the bottles are dry or not
19) Energy consumption
The wine coolers have an energy consumption that varies depending on the model, from A+ to D.
In Datron’s wine coolers is indicated h24 and / or annual consumption, the expenses derived from the energy provider.
20) Bottles quantity
The bottle count for each wine fridge is indicative.
As a reference the 0.75 cl standard Bordeaux bottle is used.
When loading oversized bottles, the total bottle capacity of the wine cooler decreases.
All data shown are indicative and subject to errors.
21) Disposal of wine cooler
To dispose of your wine cellar you must contact the municipality. Datron does not withdraw used and / or dispose of wine cellars.
22) Ice in the wine cooler
Usually in summer (in some cases also in winter), with high outside or inside temperatures, and/or high air humidity, ice can build-up in the Datron wine cooler.
Ice is caused by numerous natural factors: the ambient temperature, the continuous opening of the wine cooler, excessive humidity, wine bottles that are leaned against the inside walls of the cooler or obstruct ventilation, etc.
To resolve the issue of ice build-up, we recommend to unplug the wine cooler for 24 hours, applying a container on the back to recover the thawed ice water.
The wine fridge can then be switched on again. It is advisable to disconnect the wine cooler from the power supply once a month during the summer for 12 hours.
23) Internal temperature of the coolers
The display indicates the inside temperature of the cooler that will never be equal to the display setting, since the internal temperature is altered by many factors such as: outdoor temperature, how many times is opened and closed the door, the cooler’s position, corners, sun, floor heating, storage of bottles, etc.
The display shows the desired temperature, internal and external probes give a signal to the compressor as soon as the cooling has reached about 2° below the set degrees. For this reason there can be a difference between the set and the internal temperature about even 3°.
Between the top shelf and the lower shelf can also be 3° of difference.
Wine coolers DO NOT HEAT the temperature from the outside, but they lower the temperature, therefore if the environment in which it is positioned is lower than the set temperature in the wine cooler, the set temperature will not match.
In wine coolers with static refrigeration a temperature difference between the lower and upper area is normal.
The compressor pumps cold air from above into the wine cooler. Cold air is heavier than warm and it falls down. Therefore is the lower part of the wine fridge the coldest area where to store white wine bottles. The upper area is more temperate and intended to store red wines. The difference in degree is not quantifiable as it depends on the outside temperature, the inside temperature and the humidity.
In the wine cooler with static refrigeration exists an ideal climate between temperature and humidity, which is suitable to store wine. This wine cooler has no ventilation and it is therefore more subject to condensation. This might happens especially in the summer months, when temperature differences between the inside of the wine cooler and the outside environment prevail.
If the door is opened continuously, or there are large temperature differences between in and out, ice may build up in the wine cooler. Turning off the wine fridge for 24 hours can easily fix this.
24) For appliance plug
Datron’s wine coolers are equipped with schuko plug.
– Protect the products from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, strong vibrations, excessive humidity, wetness, gases, vapours or flammable solvents.
– Handle the product with care.
– This product is not a toy. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
– Remove the plug carefully from the wall socket and never pull the flex.
– Never connect or disconnect the plug with wet hands.
WARNING – To protect the Datron Wine Cooler from damage caused by unwanted electrical voltage spikes, it is advisable to equip yourself with a automatic voltage regulator, which prevents damage to the product.
Datron IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage caused to the wine cooler due to electrical voltage spikes. The Datron product support service is always available to repair the damaged Wine Cooler.
All the data shown are indicative and subject to error.